Re: Removal of a Desktop Environment

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 1:57 PM, Himanshu Shekhar
<irm2015006@iiita.ac.in> wrote:
> Hey!... I made it.
> I selected all packages with name or description containing lxde from
> synaptic and marked them for complete removal.
> Now, the task is done and I got what I wanted.
> Thanks :)

There is a simpler way to remove all packages whose name matches a
regular expression. For example, in your case, I think you could do
something like

% apt-show-versions -r kde | cut -f1 -d':' > pkg_list.txt
% xargs -a pkg_list.txt sudo apt-get remove

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi | http://raju.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Blog