Re: Removal of a Desktop Environment

I mean is used the command "tasksel remove <task>". Why ? I got that solution in a Google search.
I tried "aptitude purge LXDE", it showed 0 to install and 0 to remove etc.
I just want to remove all the applications of LXDE and also remove the option to run into LXDE from "gdm"
That's all!

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 9:00 PM, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wednesday 16 September 2015 16:18:10 Himanshu Shekhar wrote:
> Now, I removed LXDE from Tasksel and installed Mate desktop.

More detail needed.  What do you mean by you "removed LXDE from Tasksel"?

To remove LXDE you needed to:
# aptitude purge LXDE
or similar with other package manager.

Lisi