Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Saturday 12 September 2015 00:08:14 Paul van der Vlis wrote:
> Op 12-09-15 om 00:15 schreef Lisi Reisz:
> >>
> >> Why don't you give an URL.
> >
> > http://www.channel4.com/programmes/catchup
>
> It does not work with Chromium and Iceweasel and the latest flash-plugin
> from here. I see the first frame of the video, but it does not stream.
> No errors.

That is what I have been saying all along, that you have kept contradicting.

> >From the FAQ:
>
> ------
> Q: Can I watch programmes Ive downloaded outside the UK?
> A: The main benefit of the All 4 download service is that once you have
> downloaded the programme, you can watch it offline or overseas.
> ------
>
> I think this means you cannot watch channel4 from outside the UK.

Probably not.  That is why I had not given the URL.

> I've also tested it without flash, then you get a "flash upgrade
> requiered" error.
>
> Maybe you should try an older version of flash, if you want to see this
> site. I've seen in the past that is sometimes a solution.

I have it working.  Why would I touch it at all?

> Simply replace the libflashplugin.so you are using with an older one.
> But then you know your security is not OK.
>
> >> How should I know which Channel 4? It's even
> >> unclear in which country you live. Normally you cannot watch TV in
> >> another country using the internet.
> >>
> >> <cut>

> >> No. When a site works with HTML5, then you don't need flash.
> >
> > Channel 4 doesn't work with HTML5.  And I don't want it for a work
> > computer. It is therefore completely irrelevant to my presented problem.
>
> You did not give the information "Channel 4 doesn't work with HTML5"
> before.

I did.

> Without this information it was relevant. I don't like the way
> you write.

We agree on something!  I don't like the way you write either.

> I think I go away from this discussion. I am interested in the question
> "deb-multimedia or not". Not really in "how to get channel4 working in
> the UK".

Lisi