Re: Extracting directories from an ISO image, command line tool?

Quoting Thomas Schmitt (scdbackup@gmx.net):

> I do not really know how the /pool directories of a DVD set
> are supposed to be related.
> When testing my proposal i did not have a full set at hand
> but rather used
>
>   for i in debian*8.1*amd*iso
>
> which matched two ISOs in my collection of bootables:
>   debian-8.1.0-amd64-netinst.iso
>   debian-live-8.1.0-amd64-kde-desktop.iso
>
> Expectably they have many /pool files in common.

You got me there. All I had to try with was a pair of old
lenny DVDs that I'd put by for bird-scarers for the garden.

> If one wants to prevent overwriting but wants the xorriso
> run to go on after a prevented overwrite attempt, one may
> raise the abort threshold from default severity "FAILURE"
> to "FATAL":
>
>   xorriso -abort_on FATAL \
>           -osirrox on:auto_chmod_on -overwrite off \
>
> This will still emit error messages like
>   xorriso : FAILURE : While restoring '/u/test/poolA/main/x/xfsprogs/xfsprogs-udeb_3.2.1_amd64.udeb' : file object exists and may not be overwritten
> but courageously try to extract all other files.

Excellent. I hadn't yet got to that bit in the...

> The man page is huge, i confess. Everybody is invited to
> ask for advise, e.g. at bug-xorriso@gnu.org .

You know, you've put so much dir/file handling in there that
I'll be demanding a pass-through mode (no .iso) like cpio has,
for merging archives and the like :)

Cheers,
David.