Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

Quoting Brian (ad44@cityscape.co.uk):

> Installing hal, hal-info, libhal1 and libhal1-storage cures it for me
> but you seem to have a more diverse set of issues.
>
> For some reason which I cannot remember I got the debs from a Ubuntu
> PPA. Maybe the Wheezy ones didn't work for me.

I used to have HAL on lenny and squeeze. When I first upgraded wheezy
on my laptop, it wouldn't come back up when the lid was reopened.
Removing HAL (deprecated in favour of udev) fixed it. I can't see hal
in jessie but it is in sid. Is that because there's a fresh
incarnation, or is it just a survivalist?

Cheers,
David.