Re: adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie

On Sunday 06 September 2015 22:16:09 Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> On 09/06/2015 12:54 PM, Staszek wrote:
> > On 2015-08-03 13:17, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install
> >> the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful,
> >> you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as
> >> it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they
> >> are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin,
> >> issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
> >>
> >> regards
> >>

> >> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
> >>
> >> HYPRA, progressons ensemble
> >>
> >> Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
> >>
> >> Mail: contact@hypra.fr
> >>
> >> Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr

> > This is not just an upgrade problem, because on fresh Jessie simply
> > copying libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins doesn't work either.
> >
> > Why?
>
> Installing 'flashplayer-mozilla' that is in Debian main will solve the
> flash problem.

Immediately on reading this I installed flashplayer-mozilla on the computer I
was working on - my desktop - which is running Wheezy and TDE 3.5.13.2.  It
installed successfully and I have used it.

Yesterday I went to install it on the computer attached to the TV, running
Jessie and TDE 14.0.2, and it failed "no candidate version found for
flashplayer-mozilla" and I can't find it in the package lists on debian.org.
But a search of the package lists also says that it isn't available in
wheezy.
https://packages.debian.org/search?suite=wheezy&arch=any&mode=path&searchon=names&keywords=flashplayer-mozilla

I have, however, just installed it on my husband's wheezy desktop, apparently
totally successfully.  Unfortunately it doesn't fully work - it won't, at the
moment, run 4oD.  It may be a question of the version of Iceweasel, so I
shall have to investigate.

But: why will it install in wheezy, but not in Jessie - and yet it is listed
in neither. :-/

Lisi