Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie
- To: Debian users mailing list <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: Re : adobe flash player in iceweasel does not work anymore in jessie
- From: Staszek <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 21:54:47 +0200
- Message-id: <[🔎] 55EC9A07.email@example.com>
- In-reply-to: <1137996362.42346817.1438600650720.JavaMail.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <1137996362.42346817.1438600650720.JavaMail.email@example.com>
On 2015-08-03 13:17, MENGUAL Jean-Philippe wrote:
> Likely the upgrade broke your manual installation. You should install the flashplugin-nonfree package from non-free repo. Anyway be careful, you probably will need to enable manually when needed in Iceweasel, as it is disabled by default due to various security problems. Maybe they are now fixed but it was this before I remove it. To upgrade the plugin, issue: update-flashplugin-nonfree --install
> Jean-Philippe MENGUAL
> HYPRA, progressons ensemble
> Tél.: 01 84 73 06 61
> Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
> Site Web: http://www.hypra.fr
> ----- Staszek <email@example.com> a écrit :
>> I have upgraded from Wheezy to Jessie and my Adobe Flash Player in
>> Iceweasel stopped working:
>> $ iceweasel
>> (process:6255): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_slice_set_config: assertion
>> 'sys_page_size == 0' failed
>> ###!!! [Parent][MessageChannel::Call] Error: Channel timeout: cannot
>> When on Wheezy, I installed it manually by just copying
>> libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins .
>> It doesn't work anymore, why?
>> I prefer to avoid non-free, therefore I created a separate user for
>> libflashplayer.so which I downloaded from adobe.com. The page:
>> http://www.adobe.com/uk/software/flash/about/ shows that I am having the
>> latest version installed (184.108.40.2061).
This is not just an upgrade problem, because on fresh Jessie simply
copying libflashplayer.so to .mozilla/plugins doesn't work either.
OpenPGP: 9EC2 5620 2355 B1DC 4A8F 8C79 0EC7 C214 E5AE 3B4E