Re: Getting a serial console to work on Jessie

On Mon, 07 Sep 2015 09:56:12 -0400 (EDT), David Parker wrote:

> Thanks for all the clarification.  I now find myself in need of doing this
> again on another server running Jessie, and I just want to make sure I'm
> clear on what the best procedure is.

I just finished updating my web page to reflect the new information.
Once again, go to

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/serial.htm

Make sure that you press F5 to refresh the page (or whatever your browser's
refresh key is), since an old version of the page may be in your browser's
cache if you've looked at it recently.  Then read the new instructions for
enabling a serial terminal under systemd.  If you then have any questions,
please post a follow-up.

Sven and Michael, please review this also and correct me if I made a mistake.
I do not want to publish bad advice.

Regards,

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>