Re: get software list of one software repository

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 10:32:35PM +0800, mudongliang wrote:
> Hello everyone :
>     There are some software repositories on my computer.
>     For example , google chrome software repository
>         deb [1]http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable main
>     I also add ubuntu partner in my computer.
>     What I want to ask is how to get software list of someone software
> repository through command line!
>     I can get this information through synaptic graphics.
>     But I don't know how to do it in command line.

Assuming that you have aptitude installed, try the following:

Start by running "grep Origin: /var/lib/apt/lists/*Release" to see where
your packages from from. Origin will be "Debian" for official debian
packages, "Canonical" for official ubuntu packages, etc.

Next, run "aptitude search '?origin(Debian)'" (replacing Debian with any
of the Origins listed above.

If you need to narrow it down further (for example, you want to list
only unstable packages from Debian), then you can try something like
"aptitude search '(!~Atesting ~Aunstable ?origin(Debian))'".

--
For more information, please reread.