Re: Another system management tool to disappear.

Quoting Eike Lantzsch (zp6cge@gmx.net):
> On Thursday 03 September 2015 15:09:12 Curt wrote:
> > On 2015-09-02, Nicolas George <george@nsup.org> wrote:
> > > For me, Ctrl-AltGr-) gives ^] as expected, both with XTerm and the
> > > Linux console.
> >
> > Me too.
> Not me
> The Ctrl-AltGr level is not populated in my keyboard map.
> Intl-keyboard with German layout and dead keys.

If you want to find out where ^] has gone to on the console, you can
type:
dumpkeys -f | grep -i control_bracketright
The (very long) lines that match will start with:
keycode <N> = <X> ...
where N is the number of the key if you wish to redefine it or add to
its definition, and X is the unshifted key which will normally
correspond to the engraving on that key.

> Switching to US-layout results in
> Ctrl-AltGr-]   9
> Ctrl-AltGr-[   BACKSPACE, not 8
> Ctrl-AltGr-=   0
> This is the same as using the Ctrl-key without the additional AltGr.
>
> Latinamerican layout on the same keyboard has the same result (nil) as the
> German layout.

What are you using as a prefix for these keystrokes?

> Go figure ...
>
> Interesting things which I discovered with the trials:
> Typing Ctrl-- reduces the console fontsize in konsole (KDE) and typing Ctrl-+
> magnifies the console fontsize.
> It is the same no matter if using German layout or US layout.

Fair enough. I see the same effect in iceweasel; very useful, but not
much to do with escaping from machinectl.

Cheers,
David.