Re: Getting a serial console to work on Jessie

Thanks.  I actually found that site in a Google search, and it's where I found the tip on copying the /lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@.service template file to customize the baud rate, etc.  Specifically, I found the info I needed at:

http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/serial.htm#Systemd

Thanks!

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@wowway.com> wrote:
On Tue, 01 Sep 2015 12:13:56 -0400 (EDT), David Parker wrote:

> I have a bunch of Debian Wheezy servers set up with the console available
> via the serial port.  Generally, I just add this line to /etc/inittab:
> That's all fine and good, but when I try to do this on my desktop PC
> running Jessie, it doesn't work.

I realize that you already have a resolution to your problem, but if you're
using serial consoles on Debian Linux, you might find some useful information here:

   http://users.wowway.com/~zlinuxman/serial.htm

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell    <zlinuxman@wowway.com>
 : :'  :