Re: systemd-logind emitting messages to the terminal upon login

(It just occurred to me that I posted the previous set of partial
"what's happening" descriptions under the unchanged Subject line of the
overall thread. Oops.)

On 2015-09-01 at 09:49, Michael Biebl wrote:

> Am 01.09.2015 um 15:08 schrieb The Wanderer:
>
>> [  123.134567] systemd-logind[1234]: Failed to start user service:
>> Unknown unit: user@1000.service
>
>> Note that this is on a system with only some parts of "the systemd
>> suite" present, and with systemd _not_ running as PID1. (I apologize for
>> not mentioning that earlier; it's been long enough since I was changing
>> any related part of this laptop's config that I didn't remember the
>> exact details of how I'd left it.) Specifically:
>>
>> $ dpkg -l "*systemd*" | grep ii
>> ii  libpam-systemd:amd64      224-1        amd64        system and servi
>> ii  libsystemd0:amd64         224-1        amd64        systemd utility
>> ii  libsystemd0:i386          224-1        i386         systemd utility
>> ii  systemd                   224-1        amd64        system and servi
>> ii  systemd-shim              9-1          amd64        shim for systemd
>
> This is https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=756247
>
> And yes, this is due to running systemd-logind under
> sysvinit/systemd-shim, but not under systemd as PID 1.

I remember that bug, but as far as I recall and as far as I can tell
it's only about this one single line, not about the rest of the messages
I'm talking about.

Also, that bug report claims that this was fixed in systemd-shim
upstream in November 2014, but I'm still seeing it in the version of
systemd-shim which is now in Debian testing. Has the fix somehow not
made it into a Debian package yet? Is there more to the story which
didn't get discussed on that bug report?

...I should probably ask those types of questions _on_ the bug report,
really.

--
   The Wanderer