Re: Iceweasel/Firefox Sync

On 09/01/2015 06:25 AM, Paul E Condon wrote:
I am trying to establish a Mozilla-type Sync connection between my
Debian Jessie (systemd) desktop host and my Apple MacBook Pro. I'm
finding that password changes are being successfully transmitted from
Apple to Jessie, but changes on Jessie are not going to Apple.
I used to adjust my bookmarks in kali Linux(based on Debian). I move one directory to another directory.
For other linux systems ,
    ArchLinux which has a latest version of Firefox can sync successfully;
    Debian testing which has iceweasel can sync successfully;
    But Debian stable not, LMDE(LinuxMint Based on Debian stable) not neither.
    Some are Virtual Machines.
    So I think maybe the version of Iceweasel/Firefox is the reason. But I did not find solutions.

  • jessie (stable) (web): Web browser based on Firefox
    38.2.1esr-1~deb8u1 [security]: amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mips mipsel powerpc ppc64el s390x
  • stretch (testing) (web): Web browser based on Firefox
    38.2.0esr-1~stretch: amd64 arm64 armel armhf i386 mips mipsel powerpc ppc64el s390x
from https://packages.debian.org/search?keywords=iceweasel.

    - mudongliang
I see a security fix for Iceweasel recently announced for a different
issue. Would this have a newer version of Sync, or should I look for
a backport? Or has anyone confronted this problem and found a fix?
Please help,
TIA