Re: apt-cacher-ng not expiring any more

Hallo,
* David Wright [Tue, Aug 25 2015, 11:00:41AM]:
> Running apt-cacher-ng on wheezy (with wheezy-backports), some missing
> files in the repository are making the expiration step fail. Here are
> the relevant lines from the log:
>
> Checking/Updating debrep/dists/jessie-backports/main/binary-i386/Packages.bz2...
> 404 Not Found
> As I don't understand why there are Packages.bz2, Packages.xz and
> Packages.gz files variously scattered throughout debrep, I'm not sure
> whether this problem is a failure to maintain debrep or a bug in
> apt-cacher-ng (version 0.8.0-3~bpo70+2) whose fix hasn't been backported.

There is a newer BPO version where this problem should be fixed.

> Anyone else noticed this? If you're running under jessie, does it
> fail, does it skip those .bz2 files without complaining, or does it
> just use one of its companion files (.xz or .gz as available)?

They were removed from mirrors because, well, they are not necessary and
Jessie can work with .xz versions. However, apt-cacher-ng fails to
accomodate to this fact and will try to get the zombie versions. As
said, there is a workaround in a newer version.

Regards,
Eduard.

--
Das Positive am Skeptiker ist, daß er alles für möglich hält.
		-- Thomas Mann