Re: Adapter Names on Stretch

On Friday 28 August 2015 10:32:15 Ric Moore wrote:

> On 08/28/2015 08:39 AM, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> >> Honestly, I don't think it's that bad.
> >
> > Chris, what happened to your sense of humour? ;-)  This isn't like
> > you!
>
>  From my own experience, if you replace a network card, udev will
> automagically name it /dev/eth +1 so eth0 becomes eth1. I'm using eth1
> right now. Bugs the hell out of me but the network works, :) Ric

Thats nothing Ric, while looking for a machine to run my new mill, I
moved the hard drive with the installed cnc running release to a
different box several times, so it is now using eth5. I know how to fix
it now, but have been lost in the search for my round tuit.  I have a
machine broke down ATM, but should have it back running in another day
or so.  Yes, its a certified PITA and needs fixed by debian or the
maintainer.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)