Re: Adapter Names on Stretch

On 08/28/2015 11:22 AM, David Wright wrote:
Quoting Ric Moore (wayward4now@gmail.com):

 From my own experience, if you replace a network card, udev will
automagically name it /dev/eth +1 so eth0 becomes eth1. I'm using
eth1 right now. Bugs the hell out of me but the network works, :)

That's because you didn't clear the previous card's eth0 entry in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules before you booted up
the new card.

If it bugs you, it's never too late. Just edit the name in that file
(you probably want to remove the stale entry too) and reboot.
(Removing all eth* entries and rebooting will achieve the same end.)
Of course, you'll have to change eth1 back to eth0 elsewhere.

I tried that, it must be listed "elsewhere". Too much trouble, "Going with the flow" as everything works otherwise. :) Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html