Re: sid: ssh session hangs when logging in

Mike Kupfer wrote:

> I recently set up a VirtualBox guest that is running Sid.  I can ssh
> from it to the host.  But if I connect to my employer's network (using
> OpenConnect), I cannot connect to any systems on that network.
[...]
> From a different VM, which is running Stretch, I can connect to these
> hosts without trouble.  The debug log starts the same in both cases.  In
> the working case, after the "expecting...REPLY" line I see a line with
> the server host key (and more stuff after that).

I dug into this some more, and the difference between the Stretch VM and
the Sid VM is what the MTU is set to on the VPN link.  On Stretch it's
1300.  On Sid it's 1500.  Setting the MTU to 1300 fixed things on Sid.

# ip li set mtu 1300 dev vpn0

So I guess I'm hitting 612607 or 747098.

mike