Re: what is the static ip address I assigned to eth0?

Am Donnerstag, 27. August 2015, 12:19:23 schrieb Thomas Schmitt:
Hi,
I understood the question of the op in that way, that he wants to give a new
ip-address without installing new.

The answer:

You can edit /etc/network/interfaces , after this
do /etc/init.d/networking restart.

If you are using wicd, just edit the config to your needs, it takes your
settings before the systems one.

Also you might use network-manager, where you can also edit the settings.

My preferred combination is a combination of /etc/network/interfaces and wicd.
I tried network-manager, too, but it is IMO not as comfortable as wicd.

Good luck!

Hans