Re: Adapter Names on Stretch

On Wednesday 26 August 2015 21:22:04 Renaud  OLGIATI wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Aug 2015 21:14:00 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett@wdtv.com> wrote:
> > Electricity is not magic, it has rules & regulations intended to
> > tame it. Here, it works nice.
>
> I live in a country where the only rule applying to electricity is:
> "Pay the bill every month."

Does Paraguay not have the equivalent of our National Electrical Code,
commonly called the NEC?

Here  in the US, its considered the Bible on how to do electricity safely
and legally in those government areas that require it.

Perhaps a bit of background on me.  Born in 1934, I have an 8th
grade "official" education as I quit school in '49 to go fix televisions
for a living. I have what was once a 1st phone license, and I am a
Certified Electronics Technician & spent about 65% of my working life as
a broadcast engineer, where because of the tall towers and their habit
of being targets for lightning strikes, I got to understand the physics
of it quite well.

The point being is that neither I nor my gear cares if a quarter million
volt surge comes on the line, if the surge absorbers are working, then
the line voltage seen by the equipment will never go above about 175
volts from line to line.  The gear can tolerate that for a few
millionths of a second. And additional layer of protection is a wireless
mouse and keyboard.  The air gap may not be over 2", but even that is
sufficient it seems to keep me from getting tapped.

> Cheers,
>
> Ron.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)