Re: Adapter Names on Stretch

On 08/26/2015 10:24 PM, Renaud (Ron) OLGIATI wrote:
> I will, as soon as I have decided which of the distributions likely to remain
> un-infected by the coming pox of systemd suits me best; until then I will stay
> with Wheezy.

Could you please not use this kind of language ("un-infected by the
coming pox") here?

You don't like systemd? Perfectly fine.
You don't like that Debian has systemd as its default init system?
Perfectly fine.
You want to switch away from Debian as a result of that decision?
Perfectly fine.
You want to express your opinions on this topic on this mailing list?
Perfectly fine.

You want to compare a free software project to a disease that has
killed millions of people in gruesome ways? Not ok.

I remember that 14 years ago a certain CEO called Linux a cancer - and
that the free software community was up in arms about his comment,
justifiably so. It is really sad to see that so many users of free
software have stooped to that level in these days.

Christian

For the younger people among us:
https://web.archive.org/web/20011108013601/http://www.suntimes.com/output/tech/cst-fin-micro01.html