Re: Failure during upgrade wheezy -> jessie

On Tue, August 25, 2015 11:43 pm, David Christensen wrote:
> On 08/25/2015 12:56 PM, D. R. Evans wrote:
>> I am trying to upgrade my main desktop machine,
> I learned many years ago that distribution upgrades were a recipe for
> disaster.
> do a fresh install of the new OS, and then restore your data.

Good advice.

Also, take a few minutes to install and configure the Debian package
"approx" on another machine in your LAN, and then specify that machine as
your installation mirror.  That way you have to go through the tedious
package download only once, and you can reinstall very rapidly.

RLH