Re: grub and encrypted partition problem

On 08/25/2015 12:15 PM, Hans wrote:
Hello all, I am spending now hours for hours with a problem, which I can not
get fixed.  ...

I do multi-boot as follows: put my hard drives into caddies, put a docking bay in the computer, insert one hard drive, power up into CMOS setup, check/set the clock, and install/boot one operating system per drive.

Before I had a dedicated Samba server, I also kept one HDD with a lowest-common-denominator file system (FAT32) in the machine for sharing data between the various operating systems.

The same trick also works with USB flash drives on newer machines with BIOS that supports it.

HTH,

David