Re: From wheezy to stretch: can't start X session when logging in from kdm

On Sun, 8/23/15, Jimmy Johnson <field.engineer@gmail.com> wrote:

// While kdm still works in upstream stretch/testing, I've been told it is
// no longer being supported by systemd and has been replaced with sddm,
// but if you want to see your desktop currently you need to follow the
// instructions I gave you. For plasma 5 questions the best place to go is
// linux.debian.maint.kde, I'm trying to help the best I can.

Thanks for the explanation, I appreciate your help.