Re: Athlon64 X2 vs its halt bug

On Sunday 23 August 2015 14:30:15 Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 23 August 2015 06:51:45 Lisi Reisz wrote:
> >
> > [snip]
> >
> > Gene - the thread is broken and you have done done this weird quoting.
> > Please, who is "you"?????  I was trying to look back.  Impossible.  So
> > I gave up trying to understand.
> >
> > Quoting without attribution is becoming more common.  Please, folk,
> > attribution is both polite, to the author, and helpful, to the reader.
> >
> > Lisi
> > P.S. I went on to Gmail and had a look.  It appears that a mail from
> > Carl has "disappeared", which is what broke the thread.  And in this
> > case, since I haven't got the mail from Carl, attribution wouldn't
> > have helped me identify it.
>
> He had mistakenly sent it as a PM, and I put it back on the list so it
> would get more eyeballs.  And perhaps usable responses too.  :)
>
> Sorry about the confusion Lisi.

Thanks, Gene.  You could have avoided breaking the thread by replying to your
own earlier email.  And you could have explained about the private email.
Some of us, one of us at any rate, is slowing down and becoming a bear of
sadly little brain.  (With apologies to A. A. Milne.)  I need my i's dotted
and my t's crossed. :-(

Lisi