Re: debian-installer problems

Quoting Maik Singer (singmai@arcor.de):

> The cd installation stops by using the proxy. Terminal 4 shows a
> incorrect address 3142:80. I tested the short address witch I use for
> upgrades in apt.conf (192.168.1.1:3142 as it worked before on
> installation). Even a complete address with http://... and one with user
> and password does not work. Unfortunately emptying the proxy-field in
> the installer does not solve the stop. I have to restart the
> installation with an empty proxy-field.

Unfortunately we're left guessing at *exactly* what you've typed in
that field. My own apt.conf contains the line:
Acquire::http::Proxy "http://192.168.1.19:3142/";;

At installation time, I type in exactly what is contained between
the quotation marks. (Host .19 is running apt-cacher-ng.)

Cheers,
David.