Re: Antivirus for Debian

> Could anyone here, honest, as we all are I know, guarantee at 100% that
> the OP won't ever have any virus issue on his Debian system ?
[...]
> Should he fear viruses as much as on a Windows system ?

Wrong questions.

The question is whether an anti-virus scanner will provide extra
protection on a Debian system.  If you update your Debian system as
often (or more) than your virus scanner, than the virus scanner is
definitely useless since it should only be able to catch viruses which
use vulnerabilities which the system has already fixed.

        Stefan