Re: Antivirus for Debian

Le 20/08/2015 20:33, Brian a écrit :
> On Thu 20 Aug 2015 at 20:24:16 +0200, Diogene Laerce wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Le 20/08/2015 19:58, Dwijesh Gajadur a écrit :
>>> Hello guys. I wanted to know if antivirus is required for Debian or
>>> for linux in general. And if it is required, what are the recommended
>>> antivirus for Debian?
>>> Thank you in advance.
>> Required no, advised I guess.
> You guessed wrong.

Could anyone here, honest, as we all are I know, guarantee at 100% that
the OP won't ever have any virus issue on his Debian system ?

No.

Should he fear viruses as much as on a Windows system ?

Certainly not.

Security relies first on common sense. Is it common sense to rely on the
hackers laziness to attack Linux because it would maybe eventually be
unattractive ?

Certainly not.

Does run a AV from time to time on his computer will harm the OP or his
machine ?

Unless he does it manually with a hammer and a saw.. I don't think so.

So should you (the OP) run an AV ?

Well.. I guess. IMVHO ;)

Kind regards,

--
“One original thought is worth a thousand mindless quotings.”
“Le vrai n'est pas plus sûr que le probable.”

                                              Diogene Laerce