Re: One noob, 3 orphan source packages, 14 .deb, looking for a sponsor

On Thursday 20 August 2015 01:02:32 Thomas Schmitt wrote:
> If it is not too daring, then i would propose this roadmap
> for refurbishing the burner corner of Debian:
>
> - I learn what kind of signing is meant with
>     http://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers
>     "All packages must be signed with the GnuPG key"
>     gpg --clearsign ... ?
>     gpg -o ...sig -u ... ?
>     dpkg-buildpackage  without -us -uc ?
>   and get my proposals dput'ed to mentors.debian.net.
>   Hints and examples are welcome.

Either "dpkg-buildpackage  without -us -uc" or debsign applied to
the changes file.

> - You become sponsor for me and my packages. Train me like
>   a space monkey. I am very good with using cheat sheets.
>   You also show me were to learn managing bug reports.

I quite often use a burner so I can also sponsor your packages. I hope
I won't be the only sponsor as my response time can sometime be very long...

That said, you need to decide what to do with pkg-liburnia project on
alioth. You can trash it and move your repo to collab-maint or you can
go on using it. In the latter case, please, fix the mailing list to
avoid spams (either moderate the list or block mail for non-subscribers)

> Are the persons listed as "Maintainers" on
>   https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libburn4
>   https://packages.debian.org/jessie/growisofs
> the only team members ?

 tracker.debian.org gives a better idea of who maintain a package.

When a package is maintained by a team, "Maintainers" contains the
email address of the team mailing list. Uploaders show the team members
that actively participate in maintenance.
For instance https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/libconfig-model-perl

Using a team email in maintainer enable you to have a global
overview of the package status. Here's an example for sdl team packages:

https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-sdl-maintainers@lists.alioth.debian.org

> Is there a member list for teams ? Other than
>   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams
> which does not list them.

Team members are listed on alioth in their respective project page.
For instance: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-sdl/

Hope this helps

--
 https://github.com/dod38fr/   -o- http://search.cpan.org/~ddumont/