Re: Antivirus for Debian

On Thu 20 Aug 2015 at 19:24:49 +0100, Brad Rogers wrote:

> On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:58:50 +0400
> Dwijesh Gajadur <dwijesh1@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Dwijesh,
>
> >Hello guys. I wanted to know if antivirus is required for Debian or for
> >linux in general. And if it is required, what are the recommended
> >antivirus for Debian?
>
> The viruses that run on linux (any distro) are few and far between.

To the extent that they don't exist. So the frequency of them is not an
issue.

> Existing almost entirely as "proof of concept".
>
> As Renaud points out, if you run a mailserver, then you would be well
> advised to run AV software.  That software will be looking for Windows
> malware though, not linux.

I run a mail server on Debian. All mail is handled by it. I do not run
AV software, Where am I going wrong? I refuse to take your advice to
install AV software simply because I have a mail server. I am not "well
advised".