Re: Antivirus for Debian

On Thu, 20 Aug 2015 21:58:50 +0400
Dwijesh Gajadur <dwijesh1@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello Dwijesh,

>Hello guys. I wanted to know if antivirus is required for Debian or for
>linux in general. And if it is required, what are the recommended
>antivirus for Debian?

The viruses that run on linux (any distro) are few and far between.
Existing almost entirely as "proof of concept".

As Renaud points out, if you run a mailserver, then you would be well
advised to run AV software.  That software will be looking for Windows
malware though, not linux.

--
 Regards  _
Every single one of us