Re: Anyone else having password failures at pop.gmail.com?

On Thursday 20 August 2015 03:39:35 Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 20 August 2015 06:15:40 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > I'm not having problems.  So far.  Your email came via Gmail, and
> > > I'll send this via Gmail and see if it goes through.  If it
> > > arrives, it did. ;-)
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Not much of a test Lisi.
>
> You asked if other people were having problems, I thought.  That
> tested that I am not.  So if it isn't much of a test, then I was
> answering the wrong problem.
>
> Lisi
I was perhaps a litggle short there, my apologies.

As a gmail user yourself, you probably did whatever it took to restore
your service access quite some time back. I did not, and now it appears
that whatever gmail did back then, has now been done to the aliased
access that shentel setup when they farmed their email service out to
gmail.  So I am now locked out of both accounts, leaving my access thru
the tv stations server as my only path.

There is a "migration notice" about it, with zero details, on the
shentel.net web page that says I would get an email with instructions.
However, if its been received, spamassassin or clamav grabbed it and
disposed of it. I have not seen it.  And now that I am blocked at the
login stage, I never will because they would obviously send it thru
their account.

I'll input a cold leftover cuppa and maybe be awake enough to deal with
their phone system, which last night took approximately 20 minutes just
to get to the waiting on a tech to answer stage.  And another 20 minutes
later I'm still listening to crappy elevator music & I had other fish to
fry, writing the gcode and carving a clamping ring for what will be a
spindle lock for my new milling machine.  Both are being a right PITA as
I forgot to add the diameter of the cutting tool to the outside face.

To clarify my poorly worded question, has anyone else suddenly found
their access to gmail cut off because of a password authentifican error
AND has not even changed the dot on an i in your settings within the
last 6 months?

Thanks Lisi.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)