Re: Anyone else having password failures at pop.gmail.com?

On Thu 20 Aug 2015 at 08:39:35 +0100, Lisi Reisz wrote:

> On Thursday 20 August 2015 06:15:40 Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > I'm not having problems.  So far.  Your email came via Gmail, and I'll
> > > send this via Gmail and see if it goes through.  If it arrives, it
> > > did. ;-)
> > >
> > > Lisi
> >
> > Not much of a test Lisi.
>
> You asked if other people were having problems, I thought.  That tested that I
> am not.  So if it isn't much of a test, then I was answering the wrong
> problem.

I have no problem collecting mail from a gmail account. His problem is
probably his setup.

openssl s_client -connect pop.gmail.com:995

  [SSL negotiation snipped]

user gheskett@shentel.net
+OK send PASS
pass password1
-ERR [AUTH] Username and password not accepted.

Gene should have better luck because the password is known to him.