kde5 - the problems do not stop

Hello list,

upgrading in debian/testing let me install kde5. Although I got some problems
at the beginning, I managed to get it working. However, some minor problems
still occured, for example sddm will not start and the process "konsole" will
not end, although I closed konsole.

But these are minor problems, as I can change to kdm or lxdm, and for konsole
I can kill the process manually.

But now, after my last update, KDE will not start. The splashscreen of KDE5 is
starting, its progress bar fullfilles to the end and then it hangs.

I reverted the last libs and packages (of the last update, where it was
working), but got no success. Additionally I moved ~/.kde from my home-
directory, with the same result.

IMO it could be caused by the mix of kde4 and kde5 libs and packages. Of
course, I could revert to debian/stable or maybe to debian/unstable, but both
solutions brings a lot other disadvantages.

I do not believe the users could do much, as it is a problem with the packages
and their versions. IMO it would help, if all KDE5 dependencies would be
available in debian/testing, not only in debian/unstable.

To remove all kde4 packages is no good idea, as it will affect a lot of other
kde applications, which the user might not want to deinstall.

Yes, I admit, we are at the moment in an unlucky situation, and I admit, I
have no solution for it. For the users I only can give the advice:

Do not update your running system, when you are running debian/stable.
If you are running debian/stable - leave it that way!

Debian/stable is running fine, no problems here.

Maybe someone has more ideas and maybe someone has an idea, why KDE5 is no
starting no more. Would be appreciated!

Hope, this helps a little bit.

Best regards

Hans