Re: How come i wrote a NO-BREAK SPACE in xterm+bash ?

Hi,

sorry for sending this mail to the wrong thread on the
first try.

David Wright wrote:
> Why would I want a character that doesn't behave as a space to be
> displayed as a normal space?

That's the question about the use case.
I don't have one. So i made Alt+Spacebar behave like Spacebar.

But the typographical purpose of NO-BREAK SPACE is to look
like space without inviting an automatic line break.
So making it look not like space would be absurd.

> It seems a recipe for confusion at best,
> and for exploits at worst.

It's name should be Spoof Space. On an UTF-8 terminal it
travels with Copy+Paste and survives in bash history.

Imagine my initial panic when my few weeks old Debian told me
that there is no '..' in an ext4 directory.

Have a nice day :)

Thomas