Re: unwanted suspend (caused by unidentified package)

On Tue, 11 Aug 2015, Branislav Zahradník wrote:
> I have strange issue with my laptop and unwanted suspends.
>
> Setup:
> - laptop with docking station (permanent AC), lid closed, external KVM
> capable monitor with switched USB hub
> - I'm using gnome and its screensaver
> - logind.conf contains
> HandleLidSwitch=suspend
> HandleLidSwitchDocked=ignore
>
> Expected behavior:
> - never suspend on AC
> - suspend if lid closed and AC lost (or on battery and lid close)

Systemd is currently set up to suspend if your machine is not plugged
into an external monitor or in a docking station and the lid is closed.

This is documented in logind.conf.

If you want something else to happen (for example, for the computer to
ignore the lid while it is on AC), then you should write (or find
someone who has written) an inhibitor lock. See
http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/inhibit for details.

He wore trifocals. There was stratigraphy even in his glasses.
 -- John McPhee _Annals of the Former World_ p364