Re: pptp-based vpn

Quoting Brad Rogers (brad@fineby.me.uk):
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2015 09:08:30 +0100
> Martin Read <zen75502@zen.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hello Martin,
>
> >they are being broadcast", but rather "you *use* some piece of
> >equipment to watch or record television programmes as they are being
> >broadcast".
>
> That's changed recently.  The "as they are being broadcast" part has
> been removed.  The effect being that, even if you only watch catchup tv,
> you still need a license.

Please give a source for this change. It appears to be contradicted 4 times at
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one?WT.ac=home_puc_check
again at
http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-if-you-need-one/topics/technology--devices-and-online-top8
and at least 3 times in the FAQ at the foot of that page.

Perhaps the fat pipe has gone down and I'm inspecting cached pages.

Cheers,
David.