Re: testing (stretch): Partition disks Guided - set up encrypted LVM-- failed

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 7:11 PM, I wrote
> Hi,
>
> I would like to install testing (currently stretch) on a machine, with
> disk encryption.
>
> During the part called
> * "Partition disks"
> I choose
> * "Guided - use entire disk and set up encrypted LVM"
>
> then I continue (I select SCSI1) and then
> * "All files in one partition (recommended for new users)"
>
> then I select <Yes> (regarding "Write the changes to disks and configure LVM").
>
> AND THEN IT ALL FAILS HORRIBLY:
> I get:
> "Configuration of encrypted volumes failed"
> "An error occurred while configuring encrypted volumes."
> "The configuration has been aborted."

Ah I looked at
http://www.tecmint.com/install-debian-8-with-luks-encrypted-home-var-lvm-partitions/
and possibly got it to work ... MANUALLY

After the warning (see the failure message above)
I just do: continue

Then I go to Manual
and see one line that has /boot (which was set up automatically)
and enter into the line with "crypto".

The problem might be that no Encryption is set here: it's just blank
So I choose:
Encryption: aes
Key size: 256
IV algorithm: xts-plain64
Encryption key: Passphrase
(example http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Encrypted-Partition-Summary-600x450.png
)
and then choose "Done setting up the partition"

Then I hit "Configure encrypted volumes"
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Configure-Encrypted-Volumes-600x450.png

continuing along until choosing the device marked with "crypto" with
the space-bar
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Select-Partition-To-Encrypt-600x450.png

then "Finish"
(I skip overwriting with random data, as it will take ages)

Then I hit "Configure the Logical Volume Manager"
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Configure-Logical-Volumes-600x450.png

There I create a volume group (I called it vg) selecting the crypt...
with space-bar
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Create-Volume-Group-600x450.png

Then I choose "Select Logical Volume"
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Select-Logical-Volume-600x450.png

Here I create 2 logical volumes:
one called swap_lv (with 8G)
one called main_lv (with remaining space)

Then I hit Finish
http://www.tecmint.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Finish-Partitioning-600x450.png

It's still busy installing, but I think it worked.

Credits go to:
http://www.tecmint.com/install-debian-8-with-luks-encrypted-home-var-lvm-partitions/

n.