Re: Acceptable use of Debian products

Curt wrote:
On 2015-08-13, Rohnan Donohue <don0002@melba.vic.edu.au> wrote:
Hello Debian Team,

I was usnure if this would be the appropriate email to message

  My name is Rohnan, and I am a secondary student in Victoria, Australia. I
am writting to you to please ask for express permission to host Debian
products on a website I am currently producing in one of my classes. This
website will host only 'freeware' comprised mostly of '.iso' files,
although I am asking permission I have not yet published this site but hope
to have it done within 2-3 months.
By the way, I don't believe anyone has mentioned the fact that Debian
isn't 'freeware,' the distinction between that or it and open source
being more or less precisely the availability of the 'source' code to the
end user (use the source, Luke).

D'où l'expression Open *Source* (emphasis mine).

Probably the best term for Debian is FOSS - Free and Open Source Software
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_and_open-source_software