Re: Grub not seeing my root did

Hi,
On 12/08/15 03:46, Herminio Hernandez Jr.  wrote:
> I just installed Debian on my MacBook Pro and now it cannot see my
> root to boot from. On the live CD and manually set the boot flag on
> the partition but still no go. Has anyone ran into this before?
How did you install Debian? What version/... of Debian did you install?
Be specific, opt for telling more than less if in doubt.
What is the exact model of your laptop? Can you maybe give us hardware
specification? Are you using "SecureBoot"?
What boot loader are you using? If you use grub2(the default), where did
you install grub2? Are there operation systems other than Debian
installed to your laptop right now?

Don't think people here are unhelpful, you asked for help without caring
to disclose the information needed to do so. Please follow the
guidelines of this mailing list when using it.

To help you, assuming you didn't reinstall grub when booting from the
install CD in rescue mode (I think that's what you did):
You probably just need to run rescue mode chrooted into your installed
root partation and run:
(assuming /dev/sda is the disk you installed Debian to you want GRUB to
take over the Master Boot Record of this disk (You want GRUB to manage
booting).)
# update-grub
# grub-install /dev/sda

Afterwards, reboot to hd and voilà.