Re: Unstable Sid upgrade issues fixed? libreoffice no longer autoremoved

On 2015-08-10 06:01:14 -0400, Cindy-Sue Causey wrote:
> Spoke too soon.. Should have tried running the whole list before
> sending this out.. Apt-get's now instead trying to autoremove
> *inkscape*, another of the very few packages I install by *_CHOICE_*
> after debootstrapping Debian each time...
>
> Examples of offending packages trying to autoremove inkscape right
> now: *gparted* (OUCH!), libatkmm-1.6-1, libcairomm-1.0-1,
> libgtkmm-3.0-1, and *pavucontrol* (ALSO OUCH!)

Try again. This seems to be fixed now.

> Just wanted to disclaim that so everyone knows to still BE VERY
> CAREFUL as you upgrade Sid. Don't take your eye off that *autoremove*
> advisement in each, your own *_CHOICE_* for Debian software package
> managers....

It seems that there's no such problem with aptitude with:

  Aptitude::ProblemResolver::SolutionCost "removals";

At worst, it proposes to downgrade packages.

However there may still be interesting packages that were
automatically installed, e.g. after a rename or something
similar.