Re: Unstable Sid upgrade issues fixed? libreoffice no longer autoremoved

On 8/10/15, Cindy-Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, All.. May be false hope, but I just ran apt-get update and found
> libreoffice in there again. Besides being the program EVERYTHING kept
> trying to autoremove, libreoffice flat out had disappeared out of any
> "needs to be updated" lists I was seeing. Others of you were seeing
> similar problems with some of your own favorite but different software
> packages in unstable Sid.
>
> So I quickly just tried installing apt, the first package on the
> latest "apt-show-versions -u" list, and received this back:
>
> + + +
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   libboost-date-time1.55.0 libcmis-0.5-5 libgltf-0.0-0 liborcus-0.10-0
>   libboost-date-time1.58.0 libboost-iostreams1.58.0 libboost-system1.58.0
> + + +
>
> No immediate mention of the libstdc++6 which had been a constant in
> the issues I've had, but that "libboost-date-time1.55.0" was regularly
> referenced side-by-side with it in the brick walls I kept hitting
> here.
>
> Going to #1 BACKUP times about 3 right now and then give apt-get its
> head to upgrade everything that had been trying to autoremove
> libreoffice the last few days. Will be late afternoon before it's
> apparent how things went, *grin*

Spoke too soon.. Should have tried running the whole list before
sending this out.. Apt-get's now instead trying to autoremove
*inkscape*, another of the very few packages I install by *_CHOICE_*
after debootstrapping Debian each time...

Examples of offending packages trying to autoremove inkscape right
now: *gparted* (OUCH!), libatkmm-1.6-1, libcairomm-1.0-1,
libgtkmm-3.0-1, and *pavucontrol* (ALSO OUCH!)

Just wanted to disclaim that so everyone knows to still BE VERY
CAREFUL as you upgrade Sid. Don't take your eye off that *autoremove*
advisement in each, your own *_CHOICE_* for Debian software package
managers....

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey