Re: Login failure after new install

The whole problem is that I have not received ANY mail in response
to my original post. Because my original post included my return
email address I expected the responses would be mailed to me. When
none arrived by the end of the day I checked the web page:

   lists.debian.org/debian-user/2015/08/threads.html

and found replies had been posted. I check to see if my ISPs spam filter
was overzealously quarantining the replies. It was not. With no mail message
to reply to I proceeded to interact via the web page with the obvious
problematic results.

As an aside, the OS X mail client does behave as described I the quoted
passage, but this only affects the display and organization of messages in
the client’s mail folders. To the best of my knowledge it does not affect the
functionality of the normal reply-to mechanics nor is it the cause of my difficulties
with interacting with the mailing list, but I could be wrong.