Re: Login failure after new install

Quoting Lisi Reisz (lisi.reisz@gmail.com):
> On Sunday 09 August 2015 14:14:12 Cobra wrote:
> > It’s no secret. In the original post I said I did a default install except
> > for the inclusion of GNOME. That implies the DM is gdm and the GUI is Gnome
> > 3.
>
> I've just managed to find your "thread" opener, and you did in fact mention
> GNOME.  You are quoting yourself inaccurately.  But I was unable to find it
> before.  You appear to break the thread every time you reply, which makes the
> thread very difficult to follow, and earlier emails very difficult to find.
>
> You also don't quote, so you really are very difficult to follow.

I agree: the OP really needs to quote. But I think there's a clue in
Cobra's posting as to what's going on:

I googled   apple mail threading   and could hardly believe the links
I found. But this takes the biscuit:

https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19125?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

"Mail (Yosemite): conversation

A grouping (or thread) of email messages. Mail uses the subject lines,
dates, senders, recipients, and other information from messages to
group them together in a conversation, so they’re easier to find and
follow. For example, Mail can group messages about a vacation trip,
sent to and from multiple people, into a single conversation.
Only the most recent message of a conversation is shown in the message
list. A number in the top message indicates how many of the
conversation's messages are in the current mailbox.

Last Modified: Nov 13, 2014"

So for Apple "thread" is an alternative alternative term for
"Conversation". Most of the other hits are about the difficulties of
making "Re:" work "properly"!

Cheers,
David.