Re: error when getmail calls maildrop

On Sat, August 8, 2015 11:41 am, Louis Wust wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 01, 2015 at 01:47:11PM -0500, rlharris@oplink.net wrote:
>
>> This post to debian-user concerns the same problem which I described
>> in a recent post to the getmail list.  This posting provides greater
>> detail.
>
> I couldn't find a similar e-mail in the getmail mailing list archives:
> https://marc.info/?l=getmail
>
> Perhaps you were referring to this thread on the maildrop one?
> http://markmail.org/message/527fsm7albpvmh6x

I am grateful for your interest and your offer of assistance.

It turns out that the configuration files for my mailsystem had multiple
errors.  Thanks to several gracious and patient explanations by Charles
Cazabon ("getmail") and Sam Varshavchik ("maildrop") I am ferreting out
the errors, one-by-one.  Along the way, I discovered that my understanding
of Perl regular expressions was defective.

By the way, the error which caused getmail to complain was a "to" recipe
in maildrop:  I had specified a maildir as "destination/new" rather than
as "destination"; thus, maildrop was expecting "destination/new" to be a
maildir.

RLH