Re: Wheezy firmware netinstall CDs

On Saturday 08 August 2015 04:51:28 Bob Bernstein wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Aug 2015, Lisi Reisz wrote:
> > Is there any advantage or disadvantage in using the multiarch CD instead
> > of the i386 and AMD64 CDs?
>
> I'm not clear as to what is meant by the word 'firmware' in your Subject:
> line.

There are netinstall CDs with what the preparers of the CDs call firmware
included so that ethernet and wi-fi works for the install otb.  Binary blobs
presumably.

> Also, are there iso's for Wheezy netinstall CDs available online, for
> either i386 or amd64?  I went looking the other night ALL over
> ftp.debian.org and could not find any.

https://www.debian.org/releases/oldstable/debian-installer/

As you see, the use of the term "firmware" is theirs.  The firmware link on
this page is broken.  I can't now find where I found the images the other
night.

Ah!  Here it is:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/unofficial/non-free/cd-including-firmware/

As you see, they again use the term firmware.

Lisi