Re: Wheezy firmware netinstall CDs

On 08/08/2015 05:51, Bob Bernstein wrote:
I'm not clear as to what is meant by the word 'firmware' in your
Subject: line.

I think he speaks of the unofficial netinstall ISO that ship with some nonfree firmwares. I used one to install Jessie on my laptop, because the Wifi wasn't recognized.

Also, are there iso's for Wheezy netinstall CDs available online, for
either i386 or amd64?  I went looking the other night ALL over
ftp.debian.org and could not find any.

Then again my eyes are not what they used to be...

You can download an image for your architecture here : https://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst.

> On Fri, 7 Aug 2015, Lisi Reisz wrote:
>
> Is there any advantage or disadvantage in using the multiarch CD
> instead of the i386 and AMD64 CDs?

I don't think so. They will install the same packages anyway.