Re: Login failure after new install

On Fri 07 Aug 2015 at 12:31:19 -0400, Gary Dale wrote:

> On 07/08/15 10:26 AM, Cobra wrote:
> >I have completed a network installation of 8.1.0. I left the root password blank (i.e., disabled root login), supplied a username and password for a system management account, and selected GNOME as the only additional software to install.
> >
> >After the installed completed and the system rebooted I was unable to login to the system management account via the guy interface (i.e., after entering the password the screen went gray for a short time and then the re-presented the login display).
> >
> >I rebooted into recovery mode, changed the management account password, and rebooted the system again. The gui login behaved the same. What’s going on?
> >

> Check to see what the default desktop is.

I do not follow completely much of what the OP writes, particularly
"system management account" and "guy interface". Disabling the root
login with the installer simply means administration tasks have to
be carried out with sudo. It does not affect the user account and is
independent of the desktop used.

His problem appear to be he cannot even login to a user account.
Could it be a matter of memory? Not yours or mine - his. :)