Re: Differences between cdw/k3b on Jessie and Stretch (testing)?

Hi,

> I'd like to file a bug report but can't figure out against which package it
>i ought to be.

At least the first part of my theory i can test myself.

Not easy to find a non-32-KB-aligned image among the Debian ISOs
for amd64 or i386. That's because they are aligned to cylinders
of 1 MB for the isohybrid stunt on USB stick.

debian-7.4.0-mips-netinst.iso has 6599.4375 * 32 KB of size.

I blank a 2x DVD-RW (quick and thus usable for DAO only):

  $ xorriso -outdev /dev/sr1 -blank deformat_quickest

and make a try

  $ growisofs -use-the-force-luke=dao -Z /dev/sr1=/dvdbuffer/debian-7.4.0-mips-netinst.iso
  /dev/sr1: engaging DVD-RW DAO upon user request...
  /dev/sr1: reserving 105591 block, warning for short DAO recording
  /dev/sr1: "Current Write Speed" is 2.0x1352KBps.
      98304/216250368 ( 0.0%) @0.0x, remaining 219:52 RBU 100.0% UBU  33.3%
  210567168/216250368 (97.4%) @2.0x, remaining 0:03 RBU  17.0% UBU 100.0%
  216236032/216250368 (100.0%) @1.2x, remaining 0:00 RBU   0.1% UBU 100.0%
     ... filling up to a full GB in order to comply to DVD-ROM specs ...
  216236032/216250368 (100.0%) @0.0x, remaining 0:00 RBU   0.1% UBU 100.0%
  :-[ WRITE@LBA=19c70h failed with SK=0h/ASC=00h/ACQ=03h]: Input/output error
  :-( write failed: Input/output error
  /dev/sr1: flushing cache
  /dev/sr1: reloading tray

So this would be a bug against dvd+rw-tools.
Subject: Old growisofs error unveiled by new more picky kernel.
Nobody at home, though, except myself as neighbor and bystander.

First we need to test the remedy. (Tomorrow. It's past midnight
in subtropic germany. Crickets and cicada have a party.)

Next we need a Debian Maintainer to apply the patch.
(And if i get to catch a DM:
 Subject: Please bump libburn, libisofs, libisoburn, cdrskin, xorriso to 1.4.0
)

Have a nice day :)