Re: wlan disappeared

On 6 August 2015 at 01:54, <briand@aracnet.com> wrote:

i forgot to ask an important question, although i'm sure you would have mentioned it.  you can't boot into Windows on this machine, right ?

No windows near me in any machine. :)

Sure seems like a hardware failure.

I'm starting to think that also. But today this notebook is so weird, I don't know. I'm still puzzled. Maybe something debian-related, you know. These Debian Jessie 8.0 and 8.1 are a bit unstable to my taste. I hope we move on soon to 8.2.(*)

oh- one other thing to try.  boot up into BIOS and see if there's anything at all in there about your WLAN hardware.

Earlier today I picked at BIOS to see if there was something there I could change. The only reference to network there is to select where to boot from.

But I'll double check to be sure.

Tx.,
Beco.

PS. Or Debian Stretch, see my ascii-art for it (in monospaced font, please):

_\O/_
</|\

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09