Re: wlan disappeared

On Thu, 6 Aug 2015 01:29:50 -0300
Beco <rcb@beco.cc> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> Thanks for trying to make sense of this mess.
>
> This notebook has onboard wifi, no "physical" switch, but a combination of
> keys FN+F2 that would supposedly turn it on or off. This combination never
> worked since day one of all older debians I started with, and I never used
> it. But since you mentioned, I tried some keystrokes, no luck though.

oh ok- i know what you are talking about.

i forgot to ask an important question, although i'm sure you would have mentioned it.  you can't boot into Windows on this machine, right ?

> Let me put lspci here. Maybe I'm mistaken.

you don't appear to be mistaken.

that's just weird.

Sure seems like a hardware failure.

oh- one other thing to try.  boot up into BIOS and see if there's anything at all in there about your WLAN hardware.

Brian